Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Long-Awaited Finishes

Hello hello - I do hope you are all having wonderful summers... I've been just wrapped up with mostly happy stuff.... travels, special projects, and, of course, some quilting..............

and we had COMPANY....................... look at these faces !!!!  ten weeks old... we kept them for a week while their foster mom went away... we tried to teach them some "manners" - basics like "don't climb up the human's leg !!!!"...............  that one is really important.


They have since been adopted, and gone to their forever home.  Hopefully, they are not climbing up any legs !!!

I tore into a stack of unfinished quilts...........  I'm just not very good at actually finishing quilts - I get close, and then lay them down...  so


this is a Bonnie Hunter mystery from a couple of years ago - called "Easy Street" I think.  I remember I picked these colors and thought "oh this might be a disaster" - and I love it.
We will actually sleep under this one !

and another finish:

this is a kit from Connecting Threads that will go to a sick friend.   Hope it snuggles her well.

Today I submitted my white linen quilt to the Pennsylvania National Quilt Show... wish me luck - I will find out if I am accepted by August 24.... 

enjoy August -   oh I love summer.

Kate


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...