Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hand Pieced Travel Project

WELL - remember this from a few posts ago? I had lost a piece, and needed the moving truck to arrive to get back on track..... well, voila....


I just love this piece - it's from a hand piecing class I took with Sharon Stroud in Ithaca, NY, and is my first experience with hand-piecing.


Next this will get some setting diamonds on the edges, and a border - and then I'll post another picture... I AM HOOKED ON HAND PIECING!


Happy Saturday to everyone,


Kate

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Hi Kate!

Your piece is beautiful!

I learned to do patchwork by hand many years ago. . . and still prefer to do it that way.

Hand piecing isn't quick, but for complicated patterns it is the best way, IMHO, to get nice, precision points and seam meetings.

Have a wonderful day,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...