Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

MY FAVORITE FABRIC SALE IS COMING UP!!!

YIPPEE !! It's time for my favorite sale - at Patchwork Plus, in Marcellus, New York. It's their anniversary sale...And it is oh so much fun! And it's this Saturday... can't wait, can't wait.

People start to arrive around 5:30 or 6:00 am, and forming a line, while the staff arrive early to put all the sale fabric out in a big white tent.

All the fabric is end-of-bolt - with as much as 5 yards on each bolt. You must buy the entire bolt - no cutting. But the price, which corresponds with the number of years the store has been in business, so this year (their 23rd), the price is $2.30 a yard! And its all top-line quilt shop quality!

At 7:00 sharp, the line is given access to the tent, and people start grabbing bolts of fabric. Everyone piles their bolts on chairs or under a tree, and puts a sign with their name on them - some piles are 3-4 feet tall.

Last year my DH went with me and was my 'sherpa' - I would just grab a fabric and hand it to him... boy did I score, with an assistant!!

By 7:30, the tables are empty, and everyone moves to the checkout line, which goes amazingly fast, and by 8:00, the tent sale is over... For the rest of the day, everything in the store is on sale at 23% off!

The tent sale reminds me of one of those documentaries about ants eating the meat off the bones of a carcass... a flurry of activity over the 'goods'... (bad pun)...

AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT... even my DH enjoyed it last year - he said he didn't know that buying fabric was a contact sport!

photos will follow!

Kate

2 comments:

Peach Rainbow said...

wow! sounds so exciting!

Barb said...

I want to go....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...