Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On Entering My First Quilt Show

Hi Everyone -

It's a no-pic day... just dialogue.
I am putting four quilts in the Amador Valley Quilt Guild show this weekend. It's been amazing how much work it was to get them 'just so'... the sleeve, the label for the show, all the little details.
So today I took my quilts to the 'drop-off' point.... oh, I had a hard time leaving them there - all wrapped up in a white bag, in a big stack with all the other quilts in white bags - -

"Oh my", my instincts cried - "can they breathe in there?" "do we need to cut some air holes?"

Somehow I forced myself through the separation anxiety and left my babies there...

AND NOW I MISS THEM.....

oh gee, this just feels weird.
I will see them again on Sunday when I go to the show... meanwhile lots of people will walk by them and .......... and what?......
I need to get those people who do that show on tv where they secretly tape people at open houses... I'd like to secretly tape people who look at my quilts...

OR MAYBE NOT...

ok, deep breathe...........stop over-dramatizing............ the quilt babies will be fine..

and I will, too.

Kate

2 comments:

BrendaLou said...

I know the feeling...I entered the paperwork for two of my quilts in our show in Eureka, CA in July today. That means my peppermint & sassafrass strippy flying goose quilt will have to be taken off my bed for a couple of weeks.....don't know if I can do it (and it's not like I don't have half a dozen others I could put in it's place).

rosie said...

I loved that post even though there were no pictures! And I can so relate!!
Take care...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...