Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Those Quilty Planes are Touching Down!!! Dual Finishes!!

oh my oh my OH MY

Two finishes in one night!!!!!!

First, this little quilt, started in a Sally Collins class...  is finished...  now I need to quilt it...  and probably trim the outside borders down - they seem too large a frame for this piece, but I will keep them large until I have quilted the center, and then I'll know...

NOW - I have to quiet the INNER CRITICS in my head - the ones who see every imperfection...  I really want to learn to appreciate my quilts by valuing the GOOD things, rather than by simply zeroing in on the imperfections!!!  WHY IS THAT SO HARD????  I want to do more of these little precise pieces so I can get better at this kind of sewing - one day I'll look at this and say "OH, I am so much improved now!""""

And SECOND - my Quilt of Valor top is completed!!!  As you see, I took the advice of those who said put on a small gold and then blue for the final two borders - I love love it, and now it is big enough for a soldier ...  My Guild is collecting these at our Quilt Show in March, so I can let this "rest" like a lovely roast beef, at least for a month or so until I pull it out for quilting!!

What fun this evening sewing has been...  now I'm going to work on some hexagons - no chance there for a finish tonight - LOL, I figure at least four months before the hexagon quilt could have a chance at being finished!!! 

GOOD NIGHT TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!
COLOR ME A HAPPY QUILTER

Kate




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...