Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

ooh ooh


ooh, ooh, quilting on vintage linens is just sooooooooooo much fun!  I have three projects going:

First, the handkerchief quilt named "Victoria" is now bound.
 I'm putting little gold beads on in some of the detail areas - aren'[t they yummy?


This little table runner is at the most fun stage, as I put in the parts that actually affix the linen firmly down on the underlayment..
 and the detail work is just started...


 and I just started the third one:  a 'mourning' handkerchief - to be used by a woman in mourning... in this case, the hankie is mostly white, and only a little bit black, so the lady is nearly finished with the mourning period...  I'm putting it on a piece of dark gray dupioni silk, and it will be set off-center.

As I go through this project of many hankies, I want to try different ways to set them - center, off center, and who knows what else... 

 Here are the "bones all drawn out with a Sewline pencil... that's my favorite white marker...  this stencil has a sort of Art Deco look to it.



 and Mystic just wants to know how all these quilt parts got into his bed - good grief, how's a kitten to take a nap????

Hmmm it's Monday - four more work days til another weekend   .... yippee!

Kate



2 comments:

Marjorie said...

I'm loving your approach to reintegrate beautiful linens. I'm spreading my sewing time now to include clothing sewing and have grand plans for turning some old hankies into a splendid skirt!

Kathleen said...

Hey, we will pair up into a hankie team! Thanks for stopping by.
Kate the quilting professor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...