Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

In Praise of Teachers


Today I want to say a thanks to quilt teachers. This quilt, being lovingly held for photograph by my dear hubby, whose head is slightly visible, came from a class I took at a LQS in Greensboro, NC a couple of years ago, taught by Karen Pervier.
In this class we learned pattern drafting - and each block was made by drafting the pattern out on Grid Grip, adding seam allowances to each necessary piece.
After taking this class, now I feel like I can create many patterns, alter them, or resize them.
This class also helped me get the design concept of floating blocks - using a neutral sashing to avoid that 'quilt block' look...
So - thanks, Karen .... this class helped me progress from one level of quilting to another - and it was fun to boot!
.....................quilt teachers are great!
Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...