Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

RECYCLING AT ITS BEST


This little charity quilt was started about 20 years ago!! My dear hubby's mother made a huge blue Trip Around the World top and never quilted it.... and it got put away in a box in the attic.
Last summer she sent it to me saying "just do something with it"... so............. I cut it into four pieces (yes, this is just 1/4 of the very large top)............
So then I had four nice-sized children's charity quilts... but, they just looked a little - well, I hate to say it - but 'old lady'... not bright a fun like a kid would want.
SO - add one GIANT sunflower and a yellow border... and here's my quilt that went to the Wrap A Smile Foundation through the Sunshine Yahoo Group...
And best of all , I still have three more pieces to play with... I think I will put fish on one... hmm, that might be fun..
Happy Weekend everyone... even if almost over..
Kate

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That was a great way to use the quilt. I love the flowers!!

Suze said...

Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...