Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

EARTHQUAKE ...... and PENGUINS

oh my goodness - tonight I was calmly basting a quilt when the upstairs of the house started shaking , like a big wind was blowing through - then the DOWNSTAIRS started shaking... it was my first earthquake experience...  only a 4.0...  that's enough for me...

I have to share this photo - knitters in New Zealand are knitting little sweater jumpers for penguins who were caught in an oil spill and can't fluff their feathers to stay warm... is that adorable or what???? 

Kate

3 comments:

Fleurette said...

Glad you're ok. 4.0 still sounds frightening. Those penguins look so cute - NZ knitters are doing a wonderful job.

Sara said...

Never been in an earthquake-yikes-glad you are ok!

Those penguins are the sweetest;)

Elaine Adair said...

OMy goodness - those penquins!!! THAT story almost overshadows the earthquake event! 8-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...