Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Yummy Pieced Borders

I'm having the BEST time making this pieced border...  this is a pattern by Linda Ballard, but her pattern does not give a design for the borders, but leaves it up to the quilter - many put an applique border on, like in her photo - but I am playing with a pieced border...



I can't decide if the border should go all the way around, or if it should be only a partial border, one of those L in the bottom corner, and an upside down L in the top right -  Given that I'm not sure if I have enough of the fabrics to do a complete border, the decision might be made for me... we will just have to wait and see!   

I plan a third border, in solid brown, to finish it off... 

Happy Quilting,
Kate


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh very pretty! I would definitely go the full border if possible! I love the colors, and that pieced border really sets it off nicely!

Jan Maree said...

I think I would prefer a fulll border too but if you don't have enough then why not do the sides and carry the border around onto the top and bottom as much as you can and fill the gap with an applique or do something different top and bottom with corner stones - just suggesting coz I am sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful.

The Quilting Elf said...

No matter how much of that border you end up putting on (depending on your fabric), that quilt will be stunning!

lw said...

Go for the wow factor (as they say on Storage Wars) and put the cool pieced border all around. Even without the border, I agree with Kathy T. that it' stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...