Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A SOLO ROUND ROBIN

Hi everyone - I am soooo excited - tonight and tomorrow I and gonna SEW MY BRAINS OUT... yippee...

Here's my first project...  and , of course, there is a story to tell..

In my recent class with the fabulous Sally Collins , I learned the following:
1.  Always plan out the entire quilt;
2.  Make a mock-up so you can see the whole picture; and
3.  Use mirrors to see what the overall effect will be...

SO - AM I DOING THOSE THINGS?????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Instead, I brought home my little block, and started adding to it, gradually making it bigger and more complex... one step at the time...This next step is designed to provide a calm spot before another fit of mad piecing will occur - or at least that's what I think is going to happen!!!  First I have to put all four sides on it.  I'm not sure I like this part, but think it will balance out when I put the next step on.

Of course, if I had done what Sally said, and done a mockup, I would know, and not be guessing...

I realized today that I am doing a ROUND Robin - WITH MYSELF !!!

But I am havin' fun !!!!

Happy Fourth of July,

Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...