Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Is the Devil Really in the Details?

 
 
 
Hello everyone.  I'm working very hard on this piece, and enjoying every moment...
 













Since all the large scale work is done, now I can work on the detail...  in this photo you can see some of the 1/2 crosshatching that I have put in all the background areas.








The job now is to turn those open cross-hatched areas into the pattern called "Seven Treasures of Buddha", like this.  These have centers that are stitched down, showing lovely detail...


And the background now seems to recede more against the puffier, 'forward' parts:

There is more work to do on those flowers, and I found some lovely vintage lace that will be sewn on over the seam - I'm not fond of the way the edge of the linen piece looks... so we will see what we can do with that! 

Details, details - I enjoy them, fortunately - and I don't see the devil anywhere!!!!

Stay tuned.... 

Happy Sunday before Christmas.  

Kate





1 comment:

Sharon Stroud said...

Kathleen, I am still in awe of what you are doing with the doilies and table runners. Plus the charity quilts, etc, etc. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, DH, and the two "children"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...