Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

OK - The Scraps Have Won !!

Well, my friends, I gave it a good fight...

I did my best....

When I last moved, three years ago, I had several bins marked "scraps"... and I knew that once in a bin, those scraps would most likely never see the light of day again... so far, so true.

So, I resolved then and there not to create any MORE bins of scraps.  I would use up my scraps as I went along.... and for a while, I did.  The charity quilts became more scrappy, and I became the master of Chinese Coins, Crumb Blocks, and String Quilts.  Case in point this little lovely that I just put binding on and will turn over and sew down during tonight's TV watching...

DH says it reminds him of DNA... seems a fitting name, doesn't it - sort of like Quilt DNA - a tiny bit of aall the particles... 

Well, a year or so ago, I got a quilting machine, and started quilting up some quilts for other people - now - have you ever wondered why the Long Armer gives you back the scraps, whether you Want them or NOT?   Well, just think - even 4 inches on each side - that's nearly 1/2 yard of SCRAP - and since my 'piecers ' send me quilts by mail - I end up with the scraps!

Oh my friends, the Scraps have won the Victory !!!!

For a while, I made CRUMB bLOCKS - drawer full of them!

Recently Sixteen Patches - - lookie, lookie....stacks of 'em...

and there are still scraps:






oh well - the only question is when I need to shove them in a bin and slam down the lid... 

Mystic says Happy Holiday - he is enjoying an afternoon outside in the Kitty Tent, watching the hummingbirds (apologies to those in the snow storm)...

And I am off to go check on my potato casserole - it's basically potato soup with hamburger, baked... yummy and warm... still nursing a sensitive tummy from the flu...

Happy Sunday to all - and wishing you a good upcoming work week!

Kate





















 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...