Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Diane Gaudynski said "make feathers" !!

What a great quilty Sunday I have had - and watched a great disaster movie, too - called "Contagion" - for the life of me I don't know why I like disaster movies so much, but I do... this one was great - lots of people dying, threat to civilization, you know.  Great stuff!

So today I sat down and made my first attempt at feathers, as per the Freemotion quilting challenge.  I had my very real doubts... seemed to me that echoed feathers free-handed were just too difficult for month two of that challenge -  but, Diane Gaudynski seemed to think we could do it - so off I went...

 I made feathers!!!!  They are a long way from perfect - but now I know the basic idea, I can just practice them on some charity quilts until I get better - thank you, Diane Gaudynski!!

I finished up this little charity quilt - for the Sunshine Yahoo Guild - someone else made the top..

And now I'm going to settle down for the evening with the Gigantic Hexagon quilt... 

Give more days and there will be another weekend - hooray!

Kate

3 comments:

Jennie P. said...

Oh my, the feathers are beautiful! Great job!

Elaine Adair said...

Good for you for trying feathers!!! While mine won't ever be perfect, I've found that the word "difficult" did not apply, once I got going. From feathers, you do vines, spirals, weeds, swoops, tendrils, curliques, ribbons, etc., all seemily based on the feather start, which are not so impossible!!!

SewCalGal said...

I think you did an excellent job. Your feathers are truly beautiful. And, I think you are going to have fun in your future adding feathers to your projects too! Great job!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...