Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

QUILTING vs XANAX

Let's compare:

XANAX:  can be used to control anxiety
XANAX:  is not tolerated by everyone
XANAX:  can be addictive

QUILTING:  can be used to control anxiety
QUILTING:  is not something everyone can do
QUILTING:  can be addictive

hmmmmmmmmm  perhaps the difference is in DOSAGE - so , then...

how MUCH Quilting equals ONE xanax????

Well, yesterday I was off the chart due to some life stress that I'll just leave out of this blog...

So - today I set about quilting down my anxiety.................

First, I machine quilted on this New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt...

 I decided to use little circles from the fabric pattern - and use a contrasting bobbin thread so the quilting showed on the back   (nuts)...
 Five hours later, it is starting to take shape, and my anxiety is much lessened...
 So, I took THIS old friend off the shelf, and began to machine quilt it - mostly just some ditch work...this will take forever...
 Then I made some blocks...
 and some cute little four-patches - all from a Color Challenge scrap bag from the Sunshine Yahoo Guild...
 And made some square in square units for a Christmas gift quilt...
I have decided the soothing thing about sewing is the sound of the machine -

SO - HOW MUCH QUILTING EQUALS ONE XANAX???

FOUR HOURS.... I proclaim it so...

I feel much better now... 

Happy Quilting,

Kate

1 comment:

Sharon Stroud said...

Whatever the problem was, I hope it resolved itself to your benefit. Perhaps you could make a recording of your machine's sound while you are quilting, download it to your iPod and listen to it whenever needed to reduce stress! Better than pills any day!

Hoping for better days to come for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...