Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Little Cooking, Lots of Sewing !!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - and to those of you who are having beautiful, traditional meals with china, crystal, and candles - I salute you!!

We have chosen a simpler day -   there IS a bird in the oven, but it will make sandwiches.
 and the pie is thawing  (as opposed to cooking, lol)... sandwich and pie - sounds perfect to me...

So, bird cooking and pie thawing, I can sew::: First, the binding on this charity quilt is finished - that print fabric is of sneakers - so DH says this is a certifiable "boy" quilt!! 
 And the binding is partly done on this other charity quilt...
 so now I can turn my focus to marking the quilting on this beauty, which will go into my permanent personal quilt collection...  I had hoped to sandwich it tomorrow, since the LQS will be quiet and the classroom open, but , alas, the back fabric I ordered did not arrive - the store is tracking the box... but at least I will get it all marked.

After that?  Oh wow, lots of possibilities - maybe drag out an UFO and make some progress - or work on one of the many WIPS in my sewing room!  Fun, fun...

I'll call you when the turkey sandwich is ready...

Happy quilting,

Kate

1 comment:

Sharon Stroud said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathleen! Missing you--Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...