Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Beading..... 60% complete

Beading, beading, beading.... on this little lovely....  all the machine quilting is complete...

 Now it gets beads and more beads..;



I figure I am a little over halfway with the beads - tedious and time consuming, but oh do they sparkle gently in the light... 

I found two of these redwork embroidery pieces on ebay, and I am keeping one.  The one pictured here will go back up for sale - it's a beautiful piece, almost in perfect shape with just a couple of repairs needed.   If you are interested in redwork, pop over to ebay and put in a bid and you can adopt this little lovely.
 


I have been power sewing this morning - DH has decided he likes to iron (be still my heart), so I sew up a bunch of chain piecing on the weekend, then sometime during the next week he snips it all apart and irons it for me...  and I start the next weekend with a lovely bin  of ironed pieces.   He has a medium-sized "ironing bin", and I can fill it chock-full!   What a fun thing this is...  it is helping me get some of my 'part' sewn up, like bags of four-patches sewn into square in a square, for example - and those 'parts' then become quilts so much more readily.

Did you see the call for quilts for Colorado from the quilt shop in Golden, CO?  I know now why I had about four quilts that did not have a destination - they were too large for my normal kid charities, and I had begun to wonder what I was going to do with them.  I guess they are going to Golden...  isn't there a book... "The Quilt that Walked to Golden", or something like that... well, mine probably want to go UPS...  spoiled little things...  let me go see where they are and what kind of finishing they need... 

Happy Sunday to everyone,

Kate













































1 comment:

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Your beaded quilt is simply breath taking! So beautiful. I would love to see it sparkling in the light!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...