Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

I Just Love that Charity Quilting!

 
Hi everybody... and happy Saturday to you all................
 
 
 
It is early, early here and I am up and ready to sew .... that is, after I blog and read blogs!   Too fun to resist...
 
 
First, let me brag on this tomato sandwich - our first tomato of the season!!!  Yes, I know, we should have had it long ago, but this one little tomato plant we had in a big pot just took a long time - but finally it yielded six beautiful tomatoes, and I shall enjoy the first one in a sandwich - oh I do love a good tomato sandwich...I ate it yesterday, and it was yummy...

I am hard at work beading my show quilt (hint to judges:  masterpiece)... and I am almost HALF done, with one more week to go... photos to follow soon.  I am not good at staying on one project day after day, so it is taking all my energy to keep going - but I will...

To keep from losing my mind, I always have some charity quilting going on - so fun, to use up those fabrics in bright colors to make kids quilts...  and to quilt and finish up some made by friends in the Sunshine Yahoo Online Guild...

I made some screamin bright blocks - orange, green, yellow - (hmm, I think those are Mardi Gras colors, aren't they?   Miss Bit just had to pounce on them when I laid them out for a photograph.  Those go in the mail to a Block Lotto.  The requirement this month is brights... do you think I met the standard?

Continuing with the bright theme, I finished up this quilt from a top made by another guild member - this is bright, too, isn't it?   Love that black fabric...and it has a cheerful flannel "beary" back the member sent!


 

Kittens loved this little nine-patch - raspberry and yellow...  now, let's see, perhaps I could have a raspberry and yellow outfit - probably I would look like some kind of insect - but it sure does look good on a kids quilt...Kittens loved this one, too.  This one came from tops donated by another member... this is a great group who works well together to make lots of quilts!
 
 
Well, I am off to try to make it to the machine before six a.m.  What shall I do?  Bead on the competition quilt?  Put borders on a charity quilt?  Quilt on the pineapple quilt?  Work on my ongoing Bonnie Hunter mystery from LAST year?  aw, heck, maybe I will start something brand new....what a fun set of possibilities... 
 
See you all later... 
 
Kate
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...