Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fun Adventures in Quilting

Hi there - well, my summer travels finally ended (but were fabulous)...  and I've found some time to get back to the sewing room.

Remember this little quilt??? finished earlier this summer?




Well, I'm trying something like that with black batting instead of white.  First I copied a pattern and enlarged it, then sewed that onto organza and black batting.  Next, I removed all the paper, and cut away the excess batting, leaving this:
 Well, it really wasn't all that quick... actually, cutting away all the excess batting took forever and and a day...  but it makes a great travel project - just snip, snip...a bit at the time.
 See all that yucky white thread????  Well, that's wash-away thread... so it will disappear. 
Now to quilt around all the designs, and free-motion in the spaces.  Fun?  yes............ Quick?  not so much...........

I'll be back to show you progress as I make some....

Happy last days of summer to everyone,

Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...