Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Look What the Quilt Muse Did !!!!

Quilt Muse, you say?  Is there a quilt Muse??  Well, here's what Google revealed about Muses... 

hmmm, not sure which one is the Muse in that photo!!!  One of them looks cold - perhaps needs a quilt to cover up with...

The Quilt Muse makes good things happen - like when you go to your stash, and just the right color is there...
Or when your bobbin does NOT run out just before you finish attaching that binding...
And - She is ALWAYS working to see that your joining seam in the binding does NOT show up at the mitered corner - amazing how well she does with that one, isn't it????
Well - last year I did Bonnie Hunter's "Roll, Roll, Cotton Bowl"...  some of you probably did, too...
And I made these units to go in the blocks:::



 Well, typical of Bonnie Hunter quilts, I made a GAZILLION of those units:::


Well, unfortunately, when I put them on a block, they looked limp, and colorless, next to some other bright colors... blah, blah... boohoo............ so I didn't use them, and made a bunch more in a better color, and chalked it up to the challenges of Mystery Quilts... and I thought "bad quilter, you made WASTED UNITS..............grrrrr

And I put the WASTED UNITS in a ziploc bag, where they just annoyed me...  I didn't hide them away, like I should - I left them laying out, say "here, look at us, we are WASTED UNITS!",  and "oh, you are wasteful, you didn't use us WASTED UNITS"... and stuff like that.  I nearly threw them away at least ten times, just to get them out of my sight...

Enter Sarah's "Hands2Help" initiative - and her plan to have partners pick a color Palette for each other...

My partner picked this palette from the website Design Seeds:


So I went to my stash, and was pulling out soft greens and gentle tans and greys - and then - EUREKA - I glanced across the room... and the WASTED UNITS jumped up and started waving their tiny arms up in the air,saying "IT'S OUR TIME, YIPPEE".............
and a block was born... a soft, gentle block, that will turn into a lovely, comforting quilt... perfect for the Happy Chemo initiative - perfect for snuggling under while you are undergoing a scary medical procedure...
 I don't know yet how I will set these blocks - I'll wait for directions from the Quilt Muse... I'm sure she'll send me a text or a tweet soon.


THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, QUILT MUSE........
Kate














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...