Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Quilt Inspector is Back on Duty !!

My quilt inspector is back on duty, as you see...  my dear Georgie continues to feel better, even though we take it one day at a time...  he has returned to his role as quilt inspector...  On some days the highlight of his day is a nap in the sun - but , after all, a nap in the sun is a thoroughly fabulous thing to do when you are an elder kitty.


This is a quilt for Sarah's Hands2Help initiative...a fun, annual charity quilt initiative. 

As part of the fun, a partner picked a color palette for me to use... My first thought was "oh no, not enough contrast" - but then I decided to give it a good try...                                 


I
  I discovered these strips of HSTs in a ziploc bag, discarded from Bonnie Hunter's Roll, Roll Cotton Bowl - precisely because I didn't think they had enough contrast...

And, somehow, those lovely muted greens and lovely creams turned into a soft, comforting quilt...

Why even the quilt inspector says he likes it - -

But he will like it better when it is quilted...  I better get busy !!

Happy Quilting,

Kate







3 comments:

Kat said...

I was not brave enough to let someone else pick colors for my H2H quilt (which is still in rows, not yet a complete flimsy). I think those colors came together beautifully for a soft, calming quilt.

Nikki in VA said...

Loved your story on Quiltville. It is a Awwww moment.

Sarah Martin said...

lol See, next time you make a "mistake" or change your design decision, you'll know you haven't wasted your time at all! You'll have just gotten ahead on some future project that you didn't know about yet!
Those HSTs are perfect in that little quilt! So sweet!!! Lovely work. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...