Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Look What followed Me Home

OK, I did it... 

I have been wanting one of the new sit-down quilting machines for a while now... so I went down to Road to California in Los Angeles, 

and look what followed me home...

oh my goodness...

Actually, it's not here yet - scheduled to arrive tomorrow. 

I found this purchase quilt challenging...  had to work through all the reasons I should not buy it... and then make myself do it anyway !!

I am going to have to quilt all night and all day to justify this extravagant purchase!!!
anyone know how to eliminate sleep from your schedule???

Stay tuned... when I get home from work tomorrow, there should be BOXES !!!

Kate

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I know the feeling of talking myself out of something before I buy it! I will be interested in how George works out for you. I think many quilters give up on the idea of a machine like this because they have no place for it . George doesn't look too big.

Cathy said...

Brace yourself for a learning curve! I don't mean that in a negative way, but don't give up if everything takes a while to get squared away. I have heard it said that you can't expect to be 'good' at it until you have done it for 400 hours. In the meantime, see if you can find an online group for your machine, like the one I am in for my Voyager. It can make a world of difference to have the support of people who have been there, done that, smacked their foreheads when you encounter the inevitable challenges of this wonderful, exciting, fulfilling, exasperating new skill.

BrendaLou said...

have fun! don't feel guilty, just enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...