Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Get Ready, Get Set - Start Something New!

Hi all...

this is written by one happy, happy quilter.

First, it is Friday - yippee... and I got off work a bit early, too!

Tomorrow is guild meeting - fun, fun.

The weather is just gorgeous, gorgeous - California lovely weather.

And, best of all, I am starting a new linen quilt....

(don't ask, have I finished my other ones that are in progress - just don't ask)

It's National quilt Day - it is obligatory to shop and to start a new quilt - that's how my family celebrates this holiday !!!!

It's based on a pillowcase - a lovely, lovely Madeira embroidered pillowcase...

I'm using a design from a Dover design book of Chinese designs, a beautiful Phoenix on a brnch.


bordered with an oak leaf scroll design...



Here it is all marked - ready to put on the underlayment, which is the next step.  I have a beautiful piece of Dupioni silk I think will work...  stay tuned...I'll show you a pic when I get it laid out.




And, I have been working on a bunch of lovely charity quilts - some for the Wrap-A Smile group, and some for the Hands2Help initiative that is beginning on Sarah's blog...  here's a little Chinese coins that is almost finished, ready for duty!


Oh it's gonna be a fun, fun weekend......
 
I hope you have great quilting plans, too...
 
Kate



1 comment:

Muv said...

Beautiful work Kate - I love the pastel coloured infill. Surely the bird is a pheasant...
Love,
Muv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...