Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Learning New Things

Hello everyone !

This weekend I decided to learn something new, and took a class with quilters Denise Oyama Miller and Nancy Ryan, at one of the area local quilt shops.  

It was fun - very different from anything I have ever done.   I am not sure even now that it is a technique I will want to do a lot, but I like having a knowledge of it in my quilting experience.

I have always been pretty traditional - cut up the fabric, sew it back together, quilt it.  No gluing, no painting, no embellishments.... 

Here are some of Denise and/or Nancy's quilts , photographed with their permission...




After two days in the class, here are some in-progress student works:





No, mine is not one of those - I wasn't very happy with mine - not to be photographed - more work to do before I could do that... 

Did I like this ?  Yes, but not at all as much as my Linen Quilts !!!! 

But it is always fun to learn something new.

Happy Quilting and Learning,

Kate


1 comment:

Empty Closet Quilting said...

It is wonderful to learn new thing and push yourself in creativity. But I will admit, your style is lovely and is really different - keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...