Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

10-Day Quilting Bonanza

Oh, I am a very happy camper !!!!  It is Spring Break in the Quilting Professor's world !!! 

I don't quite have the whole week off, since I have an administrative assignment, but I will only need to work three mornings next week...  So  counting the weekends, and one state holiday thrown in for good measure,  I have 10 days - and only three mornings in the office... yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I need to quilt like a maniac...................

So tonight I started here: 
 That's my 2 1/2 inch strip drawer -  as you see, it is WAY past full - I either have to put some of these in a container, or USE THEM !!!!    In my quilting life, putting things in a container means I never see them again ...  So, I sewed like a mad woman with these tonight, and got this top partly completed:  


There's more to do tomorrow, but it was fun to see those leftovers turning into a real top.

And the drawer?  Well, it looks the same as when I started, of course...  I would probably need to make 6 or 8 of these to empty that drawer! 


The postman brought me some lovely new thread, just in time for the Quilting Bonanza...


And I finished up quilting a lovely little charity quilt, top made by a friend. 


Tomorrow is Quilting Bonanza Day #1 - yippee...

Kate












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...