Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Staycation Quilting Retreat Day Four

Day Four !!!! 

Today I write a bit earlier in the day - just cause I am having so much fun!



I found this wonderful Madeira linen on eBay - at a reasonable price...  sometimes you get lucky...  and I decided it will be one of my "big projects" for the next year or so... 

So - get ready to see this piece OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!






The first step is always a good wash in an Oxyclean product to freshen up a vintage piece - there are still some very faint discolorations - but that just makes it more vintage, doesn't it?  I can imagine this being used for a holiday dinner... 


I just love this cutwork - very ornate, and just gorgeous!!






These are just guidelines - to help me put stencil shapes on the piece that are hopefully straight and properly lined up...






This is one of the stencils I will be using... 














and this one in the center... 















So now I can do some marking...  not sure if I will finish this weekend, but at least I have a start.

Other fun?  Could I be having other fun, too?  Heck, yes..

Finished a little charity quilt from some old orphan blocks - Mystic is sure there is a mouse under any quilt I put on the floor...
 and I found another GIANT pile of string blocks - hidden under the extension arm of my sewing machine table -  I knew I shouldn't have cleaned under there!

So - too much fun, and it's only noon here - time for lunch and then more sewing!!!

Happy Sunday everyone.

Kate















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...