Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Middle of the Journey

Good morning everyone and Happy Weekend and Mardi Gras to you... woohoo!!!!

Today I am working on my 'not really new' linen piece.  I'm in the "middle" of this journey - the part where I get bored - the fun, creative beginning is complete - now I need to do the detail work, which is repetitive...   not my favorite stage of the quilt. 

 You are probably wondering, 'where's the linen?"   Well, LOL.  The linen for this piece is a very fragile lace doily that will go in the very center.  since it is so fragile, I will wait until move of the quilting stitching has been done, then add it near the end to avoid damaging it. 
 
 This dupioni silk is soo much fun to work on - it just stitches up beautifully.


 oh, lots more to do!  But it is fun work.  I think I need a Netflix movie and some "pedal to the medal"  and see if I can make a dent in the detail work to be done on this piece... off to the sewing room I go... wish me luck.

Kate

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

I saw you beautiful piece in Hampton yesterday. It is truly spectacular! I'm so glad you exhibited it there.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Your quilting is stunning! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Ya, I think every craft has its boring middle between excited to start and excited to finish. Memory of the early excitement helps.

Leanne Parsons said...

It looks amazing so far.

What Comes Next? said...

beautiful quilting! Looking forward to seeing it completed with the doily attached. I'm not much on repetition either, but it is something we need to do sometimes!

Linda Wulf Koenig said...

Your stitching is unbelievably beautiful. I can't wait to see this when it's finished.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow that is amazing. Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Really unbelievably pretty!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...