Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

My New Toy

This is Miss Bit, writing - to tell you about the box that came today... 


Look, it has a red handle...
 Oh, fun, fun - all this lovely bubble wrap to play in - POP, POP !!!!  It's the Fourth of July Fireworks!!

HMMMM - does it have a secret entrance???  We will slide it and see...
 Oh, look - the case folds out... 
 and then the case comes completely off - and has all these fun feet and bobbins!!

And TA DA - here's the machine !!!!


 
That funny red thing is the foot pedal.  
 

 
 
But , best of all.....
 
is THE BOX !!!!


 
 
 
from the "Quilting Professor" - - well, it seems Miss Kitty Bit has introduced you to my new toy - Bernina 900 machines were manufactured in the early 1980s, and only a modest number were made.  They are basic machines, meant to carry to class or to your summer cottage...  they sew beautifully and are known as little workhorses that last forever... I am so tickled to find one with all the original parts and stuff... feet, bobbins, case, it's just fabulous...
 
 
and most fun of all...
 
the original owner... 
the original instruction book - Julie went through each page, trying each foot, learning each technique, and making careful notes....


 
Well, I tried to search the web for Julie, but I really can't find anything, so who knows what happened to her - but, Julie, I have your baby now, and I will take good care of her...
 
Kate 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

It looks in fantastic condition!

I have the exact same model. My Mum bought it for me for my 18th birthday in 1979. Its' case is rather battered and the bobbin winder doesn't work anymore but the machine still runs beautifully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...