Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What's in That Bag ????

Oh my, my, my.... 

Tonight I was cleaning in my sewing room - there are all these bins in there with who knows what in them - partly finished quilts, four patches, patterns, they didn't start out organized, so it just whatever got put in, and then the top got put on...

and I spied this plastic bag...........


hmmm - that looks familiar.... but it's been several years... let's take a peek.


 oh, a red and green applique..........oh I remember making this...................


oh goodness - it is ALMOST finished..................    I made this in New York - it was a block of the month pattern.  I don't remember the name of the designer - but I will find it and then I will post again.     I packed this up before we moved from NY to California, and it has been in that box ever since. 

Well - let's see what to do next... when I first looked at it , I thought it was ready to sandwich - but on closer inspection, I'm missing a few leaves in the right hand corner - and there are a couple of spots in that sawtooth border that I never liked - so I shall try to do something about that... and those red flowers in the outside border never for their yellow centers for some unknown reason... so it seems I have a bit of work left to do before I can sandwich this - and then I really want to hand quilt it - I do, I do... 

But it is nice to have found it again... far too pretty to be in a plastic bag !!

Happy quilting to you,

Kate



2 comments:

Karen said...

This has never happened to me. The stuff in my bags are just junk.. This sis beautiful , look forward to seeing it done.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Wow! What a find. When i saw the photo of the bag you found, I thought it was a burrito. This beautiful quilt is so much better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...