Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Bait and Switch ????

So - - I was planning to enter This quilt in the World Quilt Festival New England, coming up soon...

Remember - this one...  it's been on a bit of a traveling jaunt to quilt shows... (I know you're sick of seeing it, but here goes one more time)
 So, I started the entry process, and paid my entry fee...  and then planned to go back later and enter the quilt photos.  Well, when I did, I saw that this particular quilt did not meet the minimum size for that show - - well, duh, I should have read the instructions...

So a couple of days later a very nice lady from the Mancuso office wrote me and asked why I didn't complete my entry and I explained the issue to her - - she confirmed that World Quilt Festival just doesn't have a category for small-medium wall quilts... but she hoped I would enter something else... How nice that was of her...   Cool.

But I didn't think I had anything worthy...  but finally decided to enter my Pineapple quilt , made from a Bonnie Hunter pattern she calls Pineapple Crazy.  I named it "Impossible !"  because it took forever, but it didn't make hardly a dent in my scrap piles !

So I sent this photo, and a close up of detail................... and.........................
IT GOT JURIED IN !!!!

Oh so fun...  I'm just tickled........... thank goodness it has a hanging sleeve already on it - so I have only to put on a label and pack it up for the journey !

I love quilting - every day it gives back such joy and comfort... and it keeps me out of the bars and off the street !!!!

Happy Quilting !

Kathleen

6 comments:

Sharon Stroud said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you are staying out of trouble! Always remember how big (or small) the bail fund is before you decide to be too bad;-)

Jean Belle said...

Congratulations! Your version of Pineapple Crazy is beautiful.

Shauna said...

congrats, it is beautiful

Terri said...

Yesssss! Sometimes things work out the way they should! Congratulations! Hope you win!
Hugs

Karen said...

Fun indeed!! The pineapple quilt is fabulous and I know you will have another venue for the linen. Good luck.

The Quilting Elf said...

I just knew that gorgeous quilt would be taking a Road Trip! Hope it gets fine accolades ...
Kathy T. in Tampa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...