Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Such a Fun Quilty Sunday !!

It's a great quilty Sunday - a little cool, just enough for socks... 

and so many quilty projects to choose from - I can just wander around and find a different project waiting for me to play!

Remember this ?  A lovely Madeira table runner...  I am stitching away...  gradually it is starting to look like it will look...  and I finally got a good photo for color... 
 See how the underlayment fabric looks poofy through the cutwork?  That will all be sewn down... 

  Lots more to do on that one !!!!  And I have decided to add some beading after all the stitching is done.


But - I can only work on this detail stuff for so long and then I need to power sew and I yearn for bright color...this little charity quilt filled both needs - the center fabric is African fabric that someone brought back from a medical mission in Africa - and donated it for us to make quilts that will go on another medical mission - too fun !  Don't you love these Caribbean colors?  I do.

 And I finally got this quilt photographed - those are 5 inch pineapples, made from a Bonnie Hunter pattern . . it was really really fun !
 And, being quilted, one of the several tops that is a result of my manic war on scraps lately -  I am just making scrap sections, like these 16 patch units, and then finding places to put them in quilts later - fun, fun!  Like seeing a history of all my sewing laid out before me !

Well, nothing is getting done sitting here, now, is it !!!!

Thanks for reading my quilty ramblings...

Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...